“I will build my church” Matthew 16:18
– The Lord Jesus Christ
Having been purchased by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, we look to Him for our identity and purpose. In His grace, for His glory, and for our good, He has clearly revealed His will for His Church, both in faith and practice. In obedience to His word, we desire to be a Church pleasing to Him, and do therefore identify as follows:
- A Reformed Church – We affirm the “5 Sola” of the Protestant Reformation. We teach:
- Sola Scriptura (Scripture Alone) – The Bible is the only, sufficient, certain, and infallible rule in all matters of faith and practice.
- Solus Christus (Christ Alone) – Christ alone is the Head of the Church, the only Redeemer of God’s Elect, and the believer’s confidence in salvation rests entirely on Christ’s person and work.
- Sola Gratia (Grace Alone) – Salvation is entirely a work of God’s sovereign grace apart from any works or worth in man.
- Sola Fide (Faith Alone) – Believers are declared righteous before God through faith alone, a faith which they have not of themselves, but is the gift of God.
- Soli Deo Gloria (To The Glory of God Alone) – The ultimate goal of creation, redemption, and the consummation of all things is the glory of God alone.
- A Sovereign Grace Church – We affirm the truth of the Scriptures that salvation is entirely of the Lord. We teach:
- Corruption and Inability – The fall of Adam has corrupted all the faculties of mankind, rendering man totally unable to do anything to save himself.
- Unconditional Election – Election unto salvation is based on God’s sovereign will, and not on any faith or works foreseen in man.
- Perfect Redemption – Christ’s work of redemption was sufficient and effectual for all those given to Him by the Father from the foundation of the world.
- Effectual Grace – The Holy Spirit effectually accomplishes regeneration in the elect.
- Perseverance of the Saints – God will, by His grace, and for His glory, bring to completion the work of salvation in all of His people.
- A Covenantal Church – We affirm that the 66 books of the Bible are not divided in purpose or theme, but are one unified revelation of God Himself. We teach:
- The unity of the Bible – The Bible has many parts yet one message.
- A Christ-centered interpretation – All of Scripture centers on the person, work, and kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A Law / Gospel distinction – Although the Law revealed the character of God, in our sinful, fallen condition the law only commands and condemns; the Gospel saves.
- Only one way of salvation – Christ has saved all of the elect throughout all ages by grace through faith.
- An optimistic view of history – The Lord Jesus Christ currently rules and reigns over all things. He will soon come again to judge the living and the dead.
- An Independent Church – We affirm each local church has been entrusted and equipped by God to govern itself in accordance with the Scriptures in all matters of faith and practice. We teach:
- Biblical Church Ministry – It is the role of each individual member of the Church to exercise their gifts in service to one another, so that by the Holy Spirit the Church builds itself up in love.
- Biblical Church Government – The only offices ordained by God to lead and serve the church are elders and deacons.
- Biblical Church Freedom – No local, state, or federal government is to intrude into matters of conscience nor does any religious council have any authority over the local Church.
- Biblical Church Growth – The means God has ordained for the growth of the Church is the proclamation of the gospel through evangelism and missions which are to be ministries of the local Church.
- Biblical Church Practice – The ordinances of Baptism and The Lord’s Supper are given by Christ to the Church for believers only, and church discipline is to be lovingly exercised.